Wednesday, March 3, 2010

New Cards

I broke down the other day and bought 5 packs of 2010 Topps Opening Day and 2 packs of 2010 Heritage. I also happened by the card shop for supplies and bought several hobby packs of 2010 Topps hoping for a Hat Logo card.

My first 2010 Topps Opening Day card was...




I can't complain about getting a Ranger as my first card. I wish Hank Blalock the best and hope he signs on somewhere.

The goofiest cards I got were:






these mascot cards. That Braves mascot looks like he is whacked out on something.

My favorite Opening Day card was this one...


These Superstar Celebrations cards fall 1:9 packs I believe so to get a Rangers one was a bonus. It highlights Michael Young's first career walk-off homer against the Royals on April 19, 2009.

My first 2010 Topps Heritage card was this one...




The combo Hanley Ramirez/Evan Longoria was also the best card of the two packs. I actually like the design, but the pictures are meh. Boring is the word I've seen most often when others describe this set and it fits. I do want the Rangers, but I don't see myself going after this set.

I didn't get a Hat Logo card out of my 6 packs of hobby 2010 Topps packs, but I did pick up 2 more code cards (to be redeemed later) and one of those fancy schmancy numbered to 59 black border cards.



This Scott Baker won't be residing in Texas long as I received a trade offer from the Rhubarb Runner today and this is on his want list.



1 comment:

  1. So the Atlanta Braves mascot is Mr. Met's drugged out brother-in-law? Interesting. And by interesting, I mean creepy!

    ReplyDelete