Monday, November 14, 2011

Cardboard Appreciation: I'm gettin' Rusty

I'm totally stealing/borrowing the concept from the Night Owl, but this is not going to look like his awesome Cardboard Appreciation posts.

I've written about Rusty Greer a number of times. He's "that guy" for me. I haven't put together a master list of Rusty's cards, but I probably should. Otherwise, I might be missing more gems like this one:




That is one of the best photos I've seen on a card in some time. I'm biased of course, but it's cropped nicely and looks amazing. In hand, you can see his eyes through the sunglasses as they track the ball. The foil name/position on the bottom right is a little distracting, but overall, I'd say this is one of my top 3 favorite Greer cards. He has some good ones too which you can see at that link above.

This card came courtesy of a prize package from Mark aka cynicalbuddha over at Collector's Crack. Even though I didn't win the contest, Mark saw fit to send the final three some cards. I'm glad he did.

He sent an assortment of Rangers including this neat little oddball.




This is a Rick Honeycutt 1984 Fleer Star Stickers...well, sticker. I have a few Rick Honeycutt items in my collection, but probably the most notable is this auto that shares space with some famous guy.

I didn't watch every inning of every Rangers game last year, but I'll bet Ron Washington didn't call for this too often.




I don't see Nelson Cruz as the bunting type, although all players SHOULD be able to bunt if asked to bunt. This 2010 Finest Cruz is a fine addition to my team collection.

Mark must know I like shiny things, because he sent over some Diamond Anniversary parallels too. Six Rangers to be exact.





Along with this dazzling Kinsler, there were appearances made by Julio Borbo, Taylor Teagarden, Rangers team card, Neftali Feliz and Darren Oliver. I'll have to check, but that makes quite a dent in my shiny Ranger needs.

Thanks for the package Mark! I've already started pulling stuff for that trade you mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment