Friday, October 14, 2011

Ifs and Buts

I had this whole idea for a post about if this happened then that would happen. But I just don't have the energy for it.

The Rangers had been getting most of the breaks in the ALCS, but all the breaks went to Detroit in game 5. The Cabrera ball off third base that should have been a double play. The Kinsler shot to Inge that turned into a double play with one out and the bases loaded.

It happens.

I'm hoping the day off on Friday will help the Rangers out. We need to take this in Game 6. I don't want to see Fister starting and Verlander out of the pen on Sunday in Game 7. No sir, I don't like that at all.

We also need someone, anyone, to step up and hit a homerun.

You know, someone besides this guy.



Don't get me wrong. I hope Cruz breaks the record for homeruns in a playoff series. He's tied for the record now, but he needs a little help. He's the only Ranger to homer so far and he has 11 of the team's 21 RBIs.

That's not going to get the Rangers to the World Series. If Cruz somehow does manage to get the Rangers to the World Series almost by himself, it'll go down as one of the great performances in LCS history.

1 comment: