Saturday, August 28, 2010

Some 'Splainin' to Do

The post I put up this morning regarding the Stephen Strasburg card as a prize was actually written in the wee hours of the morning on Friday. I scheduled it to run this morning.

So, having written that post just before the news of Strasburger's impending surgery, I felt bad about the post as it went up. Unfortunately, I was unable to get to a computer to stop it from posting. That doesn't mean I won't include the care in a prize package, just that it was bad timing.

I don't think a lot of people are shocked by the turn of events surrounding Strasburg's arm. I only speak for myself, but as much as I was put off by Strasmania, especially the way Topps was acting, I hate to see the guy get hurt. Baseball needs all the superstars it can get-and it needs them in more places than just New York. Every team needs a few big names, players to get the local fans excited and coming to the ballpark. Players that people want to watch, follow and maybe...just maybe get people to buy more cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment