Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Trip to the Woodshed Pays Off

I don't know if there is any truth to it, but I heard on the radio yesterday that Nolan Ryan took Rich Harden "to the woodshed". The word was that Harden was going to get one more shot to keep his spot in the rotation.


I'd say 6 2/3 innings of no-hit ball against the Twins earned him another start. That said, I think the Rangers are tired of the inconsistency Harden is giving them. He's 5-4 this year, with a 5.00 ERA and a 1.58 WHIP. Last night's win was just his 3rd since June 1st, and it was only his 3rd start since June 11th.

It would certainly be nice to see Harden pitch well enough to contribute to the playoff hunt. Good pitching is more important now than ever before and any arm that can provide a boost to the team is fine with me.

1 comment:

  1. The interesting thing about going back a few years for these posts is how many flame-out pitchers I come across. Think anyone on Twitter remembers Rich Harden?

    ReplyDelete