Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Topps Value Box: Round 2

The day after I bought my first Topps Value Box, I bought my second and final box.

I opened the A&G pack first. It's a hobby pack, but I was still surprised to get a hit.



That is one tiny piece of Joey Votto's bat.

Next up were the 6 packs of Topps Series 2. I managed to get one of the copper parallels. I think these are only available through the Topps Value packs, which basically makes them a gimmick in my eyes. How much do we have to trick up the sets these days?


Luis Valbuena Copper Parallel #309/399

I pulled one MCG code from the packs to go along with the one they include in the box.

These are the cards Topps so graciously added to my portfolio.

1978 Bob Bailey

1972 Cecil Upshaw


Last, but not least, we have the tricked up Refractor from the box. Did I get lucky?


Not really. I'm not into the Strasburg mania. I'd like to get the necessary cards to complete sets, but this is pure money grubbing by Topps. Of course, they are in the business of making money so that's their right.

I'm thinking about making this the prize for the September contest. Any interest in that?

No comments:

Post a Comment