Monday, December 19, 2011

Blog Bat Around: PATP Style




I'm a child. Denying it won't change it. Maybe you've been around a baby who's upset and whiny and the parents whip out a shiny set of keys and boom, the baby is happy and preoccupied. That's me.

The only difference is I get all ga-ga over shiny cards.

Most of my favorites this year are of the shiny variety.





2011 Topps Diamond Parallels....check.





2011 Topps Chrome Atomic Refractor...check.



2011 Topps Chrome Black Refractor...check.

I wouldn't want you to think I can be had soley for cheap shiny baubles. I have depth my friend.





I love Diamonds too. Diamond Die Cuts that is. I was able to put together the entire 8 card Texas Rangers set of die cuts from the Diamond Giveaway site.





Like many others, I liked Gypsy Queen too. The base cards were just so-so, but they are great for autos. Unfortunately I only ended up with a couple of blasters before it all disappeared. I did get some nice cards in a couple of group breaks so it all worked out.





2011 Heritage was pretty nice too. Like GQ, it makes for good TTM requests. The design grew on me and although I'm looking forward to 2012, I'll really be looking forward to 2014 when Heritage will be covering the 1965 set.

Those were my favorites from 2012.

As for the vomiting part...you can mark me down for most anything that has Bowman on it. I don't prospect so I don't get it, but I still need the Rangers every year and that annoys the tar out of me.

5 comments:

  1. gotta say ... i'm loving that Ryan! And also the J-Ham. Does anyone call him J-Ham? If not, they should.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! Bowman = Barf. Heritage and GQ = NIIIIIICEEEEE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could complete all the Dodger Diamond Cuts, but the Koufax is being held hostage from people who like to spend reasonable amounts of cash for their cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say blasters of GQ at three of the local big box stores this past weekend. If you REALLY want them, let me know and we can work something out.

    Doc

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shiny and autographs in the same post?! :)

    ReplyDelete