Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Does the Pursuit of Liquor mean I have a problem?

If it does, I might just have a problem.

A couple of weeks ago, John of Pursuit of Red Sox posted some Topps Update that made it's way to merry old England. I happened to mention my affinity for all things shiny and lo and behold, John was kind enough to send me an early Christmas gift. A gift for which I will reciprocate of course.

Normally I save the best card in a package for last. This time, in trying to keep the tie-in with the title of the post, I thought I would show you the Liquor I mentioned.





Someone pour me a shot of Bob Gibson please. That's one smooth Liquorfractor. It goes down nice and easy, but if you crowd the glass, it'll burn a bit.




This very nice 2011 Heritage Hamilton will be going for another TTM attempt this Spring. I think Josh's scribble will look nice on this one.




That my friends, is the answer to the question, "How do you throw a knuckleball?" Charlie Hough was already 41 when this 1989 Bowman card hit the shelves. I'm 41 and I think it would sweet to still be playing in the Majors at this age. Or any age for that matter.

John, thanks a bunch. Now that I have your address, I'll get this package out to you.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry - but I can't resist this after seeing this post...

    Keep that licquor-fractor away from Mr. Hamilton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen a liquorfractor card in real life. It looks curious though, so I'm sure when the card show hits locally in a month or so, I'll keep my eye out for them.

    ReplyDelete