Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Blow hard

Nothing beats a good bubble gum bubble on a bubble gum card.



Jeff Kunkel is getting some great hang time out of that bubble.  I love the look on his face.




The Wild Thing is NOT impressed by the Kunkel-bubble.




How many pictures of Rusty Greer can you fit on one card?




This is a new card to me.  It's a 2006 Tristar Prospects Plus Kasey Kiker pitching with the Spokane Indians.  Kasey's record on the back was a very non-Prospect Plus like 0-7.




If you're still reading, and I hope you are, you're wondering why I'm posting these cards.  I'm posting them because they came in the form of a just because package from Tom over at The Angels, in Order.



Ahh,some good old Upper Deck Confusion.  It's a 2002 Upper Deck MVP Alex Rodriguez jersey.

Front of card, Ranger photo?  Check.  Front of the card, Rangers' swatch??  WRONG.

That's a Mariners relic masquerading as a Rangers card.  Funny how UD did stuff like that.  (He says, knowing Topps probably did the same thing.)

Tom, thanks for the great cards...

I always appreciate whatever you send my way.

2 comments:

  1. I hate it when the piece of jersey doesn't match the team that the player is featured on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Kiker card is pretty snazzy for a TriStar card.

    ReplyDelete