Friday, October 4, 2013

Making you an offer you can't refuse

Maybe it was me who couldn't refuse the offer.  Or I made the offer.  Something like that.

Months ago I saw this card on a blog.



I had to have it.  I made Tim over at Home of the Toddfather an offer.  It only took me a couple of months to follow through and send him a package.  He sent the Clark and plenty more.




"Hey fellas, I was a big league ballplayer back in the day."

"No way Ramon.  You're a liar."  

"Seriously, look at this 1990 Fleer baseball card."  

"Man, that's your Halloween costume from when you were 14."  




Umm, yea, I'm a douche.  




Kenny Rogers, Gold Rush card.  Yea, you've got to know when to hold 'em, know when to....never mind.




Anyone else thinking Jobu from Major League?




Shiny Ian Kinsler rookie...I like it, I really, really like it.




Poker anyone?  I'll bet you one Kinsler that Kinsler gets traded before the season starts.




I never promise you a Teagarden.  Or a rose garden.  Whatever.




Note to Topps.  Please, pretty please, use more red swatches on Ranger relic cards.  So much better that grey, white or even blue.

Tim, thanks so much for the great cards.  I hope to do another deal soon.  

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. The red swatches do look awesome! Color is definitely better than than the all too common white or grey.

    ReplyDelete