Friday, October 4, 2013

I feel like a real sucker

Someone on the interwebs recently posted some stuff they picked up from the Topps Vault.  I had never even looked at what they sell on their site so I thought I'd give a look see.

I think I let myself get suckered into buying something I wouldn't normally go after.







Those are 2013 Topps Blank Back 1/1 cards of Craig Gentry and David Murphy.  I don't know for sure, but I think Topps just made them to sell online and I assume (knowing full well how dangerous that is) they made one for each of the cards in the set.




Each card came encapsulated in plastic and has a foil Topps Vault 1/1 sticker on the back.  The sticker also has a Topps Serial Number.




Each card also came with a COA.

I really didn't have a reason for buying them other than I'm impulsive.   I think it's just a money grab by Topps and I'm sure a bunch of other people have fallen for it too.  Oh well, live and learn.

I haven't been back to the site since the night I bought these, but they do have some cool stuff.  I just need to stay away and let someone else buy it.

3 comments:

  1. I hate these, they are a total money grab by Topps, that being said I did just buy one a while ago, so I guess I am just as guilty of feeding the machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I know is that they also have signed player contracts, which would be more appealing. Those 1/1's are a slippery slope. Ones that will never see the darkness of a pack wrapper and could easily be created by scammers... Let's just say I'm happy I made the decision to stick to print runs of 50 and higher.
    --Jon

    ReplyDelete
  3. topps doesn't recognize that there are actual people living outside the lower 48... so I don't have to worry about such temptation.

    *sigh*

    ReplyDelete