Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Contest--No Foolin'

It's time for the April contest. Back on March 1st, I mentioned that March would have something to do with April's contest. I've posted a reminder here and there and for those of you that commented in March, you're already entered. As a matter of fact, commenting in March was the ONLY way to enter this month's contest.

I had 51 posts in March. Not counting the March Contest post, there were 118 comments. One of those was a spammer and 16 were replies by me.

That's right, I was the leading commenter on my own blog. Funny. Sad, but funny.

Every time you commented on a post it was one entry into this month's contest. Here are the numbers:

The Collective Troll--10
Night Owl--8
Field Of Cards--5
unclemoe--5
jeremy--4
zman 40--4
johh--4
captain canuck--3
big d--3
roy--3
spastikmooss--3
carl crawford cards--3
baseball dad--3
tim--3
long live the who 13--3
bud--3
mattr--3
dfwbucks2--3
adame--2
rod--2
tunguska--2
thebrooklynmet--2
idk...3rd base--2
wicked ortega--2
ba benny--2
spiff--2
howard bagby--1
lonestarr--1
beardy--1
dayf--1
community gum--1
sharpe--1
dan--1
mattressman--1
deal--1
peterson--1
mmmrhubarb--1
ryan memorabilia--1

I entered all the names into random.org and had my co-worker hit the "again" button 7 times and the winner is.....





The Collective Troll--no foolin'. The Troll will be receiving something appropriate for his collection.

Thanks to all of you who bother to read my ramblings and comment too.

7 comments:

  1. SWEET!!! I never thought that making comments would pay off, I just really enjoy your blog. COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea for building blog readership too - well thought out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice. who knew being a blabbermouth would lead to good.

    marck! I'm kidding. I kid. I'm a kidder. Put down the knife and the stool....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew making a lot of comments would lead to something good! ... oh, wait ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought that post title looked familiar...

    You do realize I am totally kidding about the first comment.

    and while I was hemmin and hawin, the card hobbyist beat me to the first comment!! Wonder if he got his second comment done yet??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still say making a lot of comments leads to something good! (yes, this is me from the future making my second comment in a desperate bid to win a contest).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I think this was the first comment I made on your blog... and I think this will also be the last comment I make for the September contest... wonder how many I racked up??

    ReplyDelete