Friday, April 9, 2010

The Troll sends "just a couple of Rangers"....sure Troll, like I'm going to believe that!

I sent Marck a stack of my 2010 Topps insert dupes. We all know Marck as the Collective Troll, but he's also the guy who writes a blog about Brian Roberts, gives us the Nitty Gritty Card of the Day, AND has this new blog about the Rays (go check it out). Somehow Marck finds time to post great content on 4 blogs, work about 28 hours each day, work on independent films, spend hours surrounded by Roller Derby hotties AND mail out trade packages. I have trouble coming up with something to post for one blog...and even that's debatable.

So, in response to my package, which was really just the only thing I had to send after tragedy struck his collection, he sends me a package claiming it's "only a few Rangers". Well here is what he calls a "few Rangers".



I know what you're thinking. "That IS NOT a Ranger". I know that, but he sent it and it's Jackie Robinson, circa 2008 Stadium Club. Even though I don't really like shots of players backs, the vintage feel of the card and the smile you can just barely see on Jackie's face make this one cool card.



Again, not a Ranger. I realize that. It is one of Marck's favorite players and it's a jersey card. Johnny Gomes, 2008 Upper Deck Series 2. Funny, I just realized they hide the logo better on this licensed card than on many of the "unlicensed" 2010 cards. You know, I don't think I have EVER sent a relic or auto card of any of my favorite players to anyone...even though I do have some duplicates. That's very generous Troll!



Hey look! It's a Ranger. And a shiny XFractory one at that. That's a 2008 Topps XFractor Michael Young. That sure scanned nice!




That my friend is Pudge pants. There are several funny, but inappropriate jokes here, but I'll leave that alone. This is a 2001 Fleer Authority Ivan Rodriguez pants relic card. I do belive that gives me a Quadfecta of Pudge relics.

Now that I look at the cards Marck sent over, he was telling the truth about there only being a "few Rangers". Seven to be exact. One of them looks like this:



One vintage, 1976 Toby Harrah. I say a vintage in the hand is worth two non-vintage in the Bush (Jeter, Mantle gimmick), or 100 or something like that.

So the breakdown is 7 Rangers, including a vintage, a relic and a XFractor.
One Rays relic.
One for the 2010 Topps set.
One Jackie Robinson.

Hmmm...I think I might be forgetting something...?

1 comment:

  1. Great post Brian! Glad ya got everything... I was waiting to see what you would say about Pudge pants...

    ReplyDelete