Friday, April 16, 2010

Quick Update from the Proud Dad

I won't bore you by posting the same picture a dozen time like I did last time. My son's second Little League game (ever!) was last night. If you read the last post you'll recall he never swung the bat. Well, his first at bat went the same way. Three pitches. Three strikes. No swings.

After that at bat, both the coach and I talked to him and he admitted he was a little scared of getting hit with the ball. I told him that he should use his feet to move if necessary, but otherwise he should swing the bat like he does in the batting cage. He came up the second time with the bases loaded and two outs.

First pitch....called strike! Here we go again.

Second pitch...a line drive between first and second! I'm not sure who was more surprised...the coach, Thomas or me. He made it to first, two runs scored and he had a huge smile on his face (so did I). His hit made it 6-0, but unfortunately the other team won 9-8 as storms moved into the area.

Even the loss couldn't knock the smile off his face and I think the nervousness at the plate should be a thing of the past. He's not a real talkative kid, but he couldn't stop talking about that hit all the way home. I think it's going to be a great season after all.

6 comments:

  1. That is totally awesome! How hard was it to knock the smile off of your face?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you both! That is so great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. like I said in the last post... he's a masher now! He's gonna swing at everything!

    Go get 'em T!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great story, congrats to Thomas and you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude, Thomas has a serious hitting streak going now! congrats

    ReplyDelete