Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Everyone loves a Buffet

I've had awful luck with some hits lately. It seems like lots of Yankees keep popping up and many times Mike from BA Benny's Baseball Card Buffet expresses an interest in trading for them. A week or so ago, I received a package of Rangers from Mike. It had a nice mix of Rangers and a few Presidential cards as well.


This 1999 Topps Chrome John Wetteland is a welcome addition to the collection. Wetteland played 4 of his 12 seasons with Texas, earning 150 of his 330 career saves with the Rangers.


Here is another 2010 Topps Gold. This one is Hank Blalock #486/2010. Hank was released by Tampa on July 8th and I haven't seen anything new on him signing with another team.


My youngest son isn't into baseball cards, but he is into U.S. President stuff. Mike sent over a few presidential cards like this 2009 Philadelphia Nixon vs. Rockefeller card.



You have to love the hair President Van Buren is sporting on this 2008 Goudey card.



This 2007 Fleer Rookie Sensations Ian Kinsler came out of the free pack break Mike recently held.




The photographer went out of his way to catch Will signing autos on this 1995 Pinnacle card. Do you see the hand with the ball, the one on the far left? That wasn't me. Neither were any of the other hands, but I wish it had been. I have a few Clark autos, but never got one in person.



We'll check in with Hank one more time on this 2008 A&G jersey card. I hope Hank hooks up with a team before too long. I think he still has some baseball left in him.

Thanks Mike! As always, I appreciate the cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment