Thursday, July 15, 2010

Rod Carew Auto

Zach from Autographed Cards recently posted about a dilemma he was having in regards to a Rod Carew autographed ball he received as a gift. I knew I had a Carew auto somewhere and had to dig it out to compare the auto to the one he had.

This is what my on-card Rod Carew auto looks like:


I pulled this from a pack of 2000 Upper Deck Hitter's Club cards back when they were new (and probably over-priced). Most likely it was from a box since that was the height of my gross over-spending on cards. The scan isn't great because of the screw-down holder, but the owner of the shop took the card and put it in there when I opened the box and I've never taken it out.

I don't know what the pack odds were on the autos from that set, but there only 12 players on the checklist and it was pretty strong.


Al Kaline--Tigers
Dave Winfield--Yankees
Eddie Murray--Orioles
George Brett--Royals
Paul Molitor--Brewers
Robin Yount--Brewers
Tony Gwynn--Padres
Wade Boggs--Devil Rays
Lou Brock--Cardinals
Stan Musial--Cardinals
Rod Carew--Twins
Carl Yastrzemski--Red Sox


I know Zach has already resolved his dilemma, but it gave me an excuse to find and enjoy one of the very few Hall of Fame autos in my collection.

By the way, if you are not following Autographed Cards, you are missing out on some nice autographed cards, many of which come with a great story to read. Go forth and follow...

1 comment: