Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Sandlot...Not the Movie

Not that it was a bad movie...as far as kid's baseball movies go. I watched it with my kids.

Forgive me, I'm easily distracted these days. I think I have AOADD. That's Adult Oneset Attention Deficit Disorder.

No, I'm talking about Joe over at The Sandlot. Most of us have made trades with other bloggers or readers. Many times those trades are initiated by a post in which one person sees a card of interest and inquires about it's availability. Sometimes, it's a trade bait post that draws offers in via comment or email. Then, amazingly, there are people that are aware of your interests, see a card that you might like to add to your collection, pick it up for you and before you know it, you've got something new. That's what Joe did.

He knew that I was picking up the occasional TEAM USA card for my son and let me know he had found a couple and thought I might like them. My son loves those cards. On our recent trip to Colorado Springs, his one and only request was a trip to the U.S. Olympic Training Center. It was our first stop on our first full day there and was a nice place to go. Free admission, a tour of the grounds by a member of the 2008 Olympic Team, a great experience all around.

Sorry, that AOADD got me again.

Anyway, Joe sent over two of those Team USA jersey cards that seem to irritate other collectors so much.


2008 UD Matthew Purke Junior National Team. Purke was drafted 14th overall by Texas in 2009 and they couldn't make a deal. You may have heard of his exploits with TCU this year and he played in this years College World Series. It will be interesting to see where he goes in this year's draft.

2008 UD Jordy Mercer National Team. Mercer was drafted by the Pirates in the third round of the 2008 draft. He is currently at AA Altoona for Pittsburgh.
Joe, thanks for the cards and we'll work out something for those others soon.

2 comments:

  1. No problem dude, glad you liked them! I've got the others tucked away for you safe and sound. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice cards. I didn't realize Purke had cards out. It would have been cool to get one signed in Omaha.

    ReplyDelete