Sunday, July 25, 2010

Score!

I don't buy much football product. It's not that I don't like football, I just can't afford to buy everything and so I mostly limit myself to baseball cards. When I bought the 2010 Topps packs I pulled the Everth Cabrera auto in, I also bought 4 packs of 2010 Score Football. I was hoping to pull a Colt McCoy or Jordan Shipley for my Texas Longhorn loving son. At $1 a pack, it was a small gamble.

There is supposed to be one rookie per pack so let's see if I got lucky.


The first card in the first pack was Cowboys RB Felix Jones. Winner! The boy loves the Cowboys too, so he'll be happy with this one.

Pack two and three were busts as far as Cowboys and former Longhorns go.

Pack 4 was better.

The first card out of pack four was this Tony Romo card. "Score" one more for Dad.



The rookie card in pack four was none other than Colt McCoy. I'm not kidding when I say I have never, ever, ever, never been happier to see a Cleveland Brown card before.

The good news is I don't have to buy anymore of these packs. Hopefully I can pick up the Shipley in a trade, if he even made the set.

Alright, enough football. The Rangers are in first place for goodness sakes!


1 comment:

  1. Shipley is in the set - the great thing about these cards is that you can list them on ebay and people will buy - this is the most retail driven set out there - I sell the glossy and insert cards to get money to complete my set - at wal mart you get 52 cards for $4.98 (jumbo packs)- really this is the most fund part of collecting

    ReplyDelete