Friday, February 26, 2010

Props for Topps

I need to issue a big thank you to several people who sent stuff to get me closer to the completion of 2010 Topps Series One.

Mark over at Stats On The Back sent over a bunch of inserts, including 6 Turkey Reds like this one:




Mark is trying to complete the set for his son Parker so give him a hand if you can.

Marvin over at Trade Bait sent me a stack of 2010 Topps Rangers, mixed with a few other things. One of them that wasn't from this year was this one:




A nice 2008 Goudey Johnny Bench. He also sent one of my favorite cards of the year so far.



I wish the Rangers would have re-signed Omar to stay and mentor the young guys as well as be the utility infielder. The Rangers voided Khalil Greene's contract yesterday and now will be giving a couple of guys a shot at that role.

Last, but not least is Greg. I don't know if Greg has a blog, but he does have a Darren Daulton Master Wantlist here. He sent a whole stack of inserts from the 2010 Topps set including a card from one of my favorite insert sets.



This is the 2010 Topps 1951 Blue Back Tim Lincecum. I'm really close on both the red and blue sets.

I also got a couple of cards from Wax Wombat...but didn't have them with me to scan. One was the Brian Roberts, When They Were Young.

Thanks to these guys for all your help finishing up this set. I've got a couple of other deals in the works and I hope to finish up the whole thing before Series 2 comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment