Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Be afraid, very afraid

I'm blogging from work. That's normal. I have what I sometimes call a "just in case" job. A lot of my time is spent waiting for something to happen. I do have things to do on a daily basis, but there is also enough down time to blog a little. Or a lot, depending on your perspective. Having said that, I only worked half a shift today because someone owed me some time. That cut into the important stuff like blogging, but I had to mention something today.

It's getting to the point where I am afraid to open packages in the mail. It used to be that I would get excited at the sight of one or more of those beautiful packages waiting for me. Today I arrived to find 4 packages waiting for me and for the first time, I was a little wary. I eyed the packages suspiciously...for goodness sakes, there are bippings galore going on across the blogosphere. Night Owl has been bipped FIVE times already!! Check out Thorzul's site to see how many people have been bipped and I'm sure this list is already out of date. Fortunately none of my packages was a bipping.

One of the packages was a mystery. It was from a postal center in Redondo Beach, California. No note, no identifying marks. I don't know who it came from. Anyone out there want to claim responsibility/credit? I also got packages from the Collective Troll, Dan over at It's Like Having My Own Card Shop, and Roy. I'm almost certain Roy has a blog, but I'm at a loss at the moment as to what it is. Roy, drop me a comment and let me know and I'll give you proper credit. Thanks for the packages everyone. I received two cards that I'll be highlighting in the next couple of days.

A contest note. The Groundhog Day Contest will stay open for entries until sometime tonight. I've sorted the cards and the numbers are set. I'm happy to say that in 55 packs, I got ZERO triples. Of course, there were plenty of dupes, but I'll wait until tonight to post the winner and the results. Thanks to everyone for playing and also for publicizing the contest on your blogs. I saw quite a few of your blogs, but I may have missed one or two. Before I do the bonus random prize, I'll post a list of the blogs I saw and you can drop me a comment to let me know if I missed yours.

1 comment: