Saturday, February 27, 2010

A belated Valentine's Day Goodie Bag

Really this isn't a goodie bag. More like a goodie package. And it wasn't really that belated as it arrived only a couple of days after Valentine's Day. The only thing belated about it is me giving credit where credit is due.

I can't even do that properly because for the life of me I can't remember which blog belongs to Matthew. But I'm hoping he'll leave a comment and remind me so I can give him proper thanks for sending this Valentine's Day package.

He sent over 40 Rangers, but for the sake of you, the much appreciated reader, I'm going to highlight only three of the cards. Don't think that doesn't mean I don't appreciate the other 38 cards. Because if you do, I'll have to post all 41 cards.....I'll do it too.


We'll kick this off with this fine 2007 Upper Deck Nelson Cruz. I just like the fact that Nelson is holding about 12" of his bat and I have to wonder if he's watching the ball or the barrell of the bat as it heads toward some defenseless pitcher.


I bought a discounted blaster of these 2007 UD Future Stars and I seem to recall there being way too many veterans in a Future Stars product. I always appreciate an early Ian Kinsler card.

If one 2007 UD Future Stars Ian Kinsler is good, a serial-numbered MVP Prospects Ian Kinsler from the same set is even better. This one is #362/500.

Matt, thanks for the generous package.

1 comment:

  1. Why is he trying to hit a baseball with a licorice stick??

    ReplyDelete