Wednesday, February 10, 2010

2010 Topps Turkey Reds

Once again, Topps is putting Turkey Red inserts into the Flagship set. I like these cards. I really do, especially when you compare them to the Legendary Lineage and Peak Performers inserts. Having said that, I have to wonder if it isn't time to put the Turkey Reds to bed. Too much of a good thing isn't always a good thing. That goes for beer, pizza and Turkey Reds. I still like them and want all of them though.

Here are a couple of my favorites from this year's set.




This Ernie Banks shot must be from his Little League days. He looks 12 years old.


Sometimes I long for the good old days when players became local heroes because they played their entire careers for the same team.


Mr. Johnny Bench. He's one of my all-time favorites and this one is great. I don't even mind that it looks like the outfield bleachers are about a mile away.

I'll be getting a wantlist for this and ALL of the 2010 Topps product posted before the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. How dare u! I was going to post those as some of my fav turkey reds on my blog tomorrow. I already scanned them. I'm still going to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it really odd that I've come across lots of bloggers who have had nothing good to say about 2007 Turkey Red yet I see lots of love for this year's inserts. I am a fan of all things Turkey Red myself.

    ReplyDelete