Friday, September 17, 2010

Best Custom. Ever. Hey, I mean it!

Chances are, if you've been around the blogosphere for more than a few days, you've seen some of the amazing custom cards that Big D of Hey, That's Mine puts out. If you're not familiar with his work, go check out his blog. He has some truly wonderful designs.

I've been fortunate to receive a couple in the past.




This one is a Spring Training Texas Rangers card. Do you think I could get all six guys to sign this?



Big D also made one of my favorite all time player, Will Clark. I've been tempted to send this one TTM, but I don't want to lose it. Will might see it and decide to keep it!

Recently, Big D sent me a couple more amazing customs. The first one was designed by one of his home grown card gurus, Nobie.





Nobie put together a very nice Ian Kinsler. I think Big D should start his own company and let Nobie design the inserts.



If you've seen Big D customs before, you've seen the hand signed backs. This is the back of the Nobie card...but no auto! Maybe I'll send it back to get Nobie to sign his handiwork.

Now, for the best custom card you will ever see. Well, I'm sure the Troll thinks the one Big D did for him is better, but that one ranks second on my list! Big D made this for a proud dad and it instantly became one of my favorite cards.



That's my son in one of his first Little League games. I can't say enough good things about this card. It is the best example of why Big D Customs are some of the best around.

Thanks Big D for creating something I'll treasure forever.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you liked it. It's one of my favorite designs. Can you believe I haven't even made one of my own kid yet? Some dad, huh?

    ReplyDelete