Saturday, April 28, 2012

Cardboard is my Crack

It's highly likely, if you're reading this, that you're addicted to cards.  Oh sure, it's something you could kick pretty easy if you wanted too.  You just keep telling yourself that.

My latest "hit" comes courtesy of a trade with Mark over at Collector's Crack.  Mark is better known as Cynical Buddha, but no matter what name he goes by, he always sends great cards.





David Murphy is one of those players who never has a secure job.  The Rangers made him ride the pine when Josh Hamilton was in leftfield last year, but since Hamilton is primarily playing center this season, Murphy is getting more playing time.  He's a solid outfielder and does well enough at the plate.  I like him.  I like this 2009 UD Inkredible auto too.  You can barely tell it's a sticker. 






I just showed the 2010 A&G Hamilton jersey I got yesterday and now it's the Nelson Cruz version.  For a couple of Hawaiian shirt themed cards, these aren't bad.  Too bad they couldn't find a full piece of jersey left to actually fill the window. 




The spark that got this trade going was CB's Heritage box break.  He included a bunch of Heritage Rangers in this package. 




This was the card that started it all.  Fortunately for me, CB is a Brewers guy so he was willing to deal this Nelson Cruz Clubhouse Collection locker room used cloth napkin.  Hey, I kid!  I think I have two of the Rangers CC relics now.  I guess it's time to clean the scanner because the card does not have a spot on the bottom edge like the pic shows. 





I was not expecting this card at all.  This is my first color swap or photo switch or whatever they're called short print.  I don't think CB posted this one so it was a nice surprise. 

Mark, thanks for another great deal.  I'm sure we'll be making another trade before too long. 

2 comments:

  1. Its my crack too, for sure! Great stuff brother... I am spending the day with my cards today and I am VERY happy! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally missed this post. Thanks for the trade and I'm glad you enjoyed the cards. I don't think I posted the photo swaps either, but I knew you'd like that too.

    ReplyDelete