Thursday, April 19, 2012

You better listen to Josh

Josh wants you to stop what you're doing and read this post. Right now.





Don't mess with Josh. He's serious.

I'm going to show off a small, and I mean small, portion of the non-vintage, non Heritage cards that the Troll sent me.

Bacon, aka Marck, aka The Troll, included a few non-sports packs in the box. I opened one pack of Pro Set Super Stars and pulled these two cards back to back.





Michael Jackson





Whitney Houston

Scary, huh? In the interest of world safety, I will not reveal the other cards in the pack. I would not want those "artists" to panic thinking they were destined for a similar fate anytime soon.





How about this for a winning card?

Liquorfractor. Check.

Catcher. Check.

Play at the plate. Check.

Nice.





As you may or may not know, I missed out on the A&G hype in 2008 because I was still out of the hobby when it came out. That's why I love getting 2008 A&G cards like this Ian Kinsler mini. The Troll sent over a good stack of 2008 Ginter and I love all of them. Well, maybe not the Yankees. Or Giants. Or Cardinals.





I thought this was the coolest of all the Ginter in the package. It's one of the few umpire cards you'll ever see. Bob Motley looks like he's having a bang up time.





It is so strange now to see a non-tatooed image of Josh Hamilton. I'm reading his book and just got to the part where his mother saw his first tatoo. He told her he wouldn't get any more, but apparently that didn't work out.





I wonder if The Troll ever saw Al Oliver play for the Bradentucky Explorers.






Let's end this post in a "big" way. This is an oversized Donruss Masters of the Game Juan Gonzalez. It's an interesting piece of Dick Perez art, but not a particularly good one. Plus it's a bear to store. I think I'll keep it with my Ginter Cabinet cards.





As always, I saved the best for last. This is a 1980 Topps Jumbo Nolan Ryan. The auto is a facsimile, but the Astros uniform is 100% authentic greatness.

Still to come from the Troll, a recap of the enormous amount of Heritage and the vintage. Sweet, sweet vintage.

Thanks Marck!

2 comments:

  1. That Nolan Ryan card is one of my all-time favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sonofa........... I can't believe you got another McCann off of my wantlist.

    ugh.

    ReplyDelete