Sunday, April 29, 2012

Why do you post the cards you pull?

Sometimes you post a nice card that you pulled just to show it off.  People will ooh and aah and you stick it in a binder or box and then forget about it. 

Sometimes you post a card knowing someone will ask for it and a trade is born.  Such was the case when I pulled a Clayton Kershaw All-Star workout jersey card out of last year's Topps Update.  I knew someone would jump on that pretty quick. 

That someone was Greg over at Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle.  Greg was a little concerned because he didn't have a Rangers hit to send back my way.  Well, I was just fine with what he sent back.





That's the 1992 Topps version of the Adrian Beltre follow through. 




Ahh, the good old days of all hitting and no pitching.  That's not a problem with the current Rangers team. 





Greg nailed it when he sent over two cards from my wantlist.  You can't go wrong sending me Senators these two from 1961 can now be checked off.  You know, when I get around to updating the list again. 





You have to take my word for it that John Schaive and Gene Woodling played for the Senators.  You sure can't tell from those caps. 

Greg, anytime you want to send me Senators, you go right ahead!  Thanks for the trade. 

2 comments: