Friday, April 6, 2012

A Ranger Opening Day Discount Blaster

The Texas Rangers begin their defense of the American League pennant in a few short hours. The White Sox will are in town with their new manager Robin Ventura. Nolan Ryan said a few weeks ago that the Rangers would no longer show the beatdown (my word) he gave Ventura on the jumbotron. That's too bad. It was a good day when the "old man" showed the kid he better not mess with Texas.

You didn't come here for a history lesson, you came to see which discounted blaster I bought. Well, I picked up the one and only discounted Lineage blaster Wal-mart had. I won't bore you with the all the base cards, but I did pick out the best card in each pack. Here they are, not necessarily in the order I pulled them.





It's only a base card, but skinny Chipper was the best card in one of the packs. The rookie cup is nice too, but it looks like Chipper is hitting off a tee.





This turned out to be a Mets hot box and this Jason Bay Diamond Anniversary parallel was just the beginning.





This Andre Dawson Diamond Anniversary parallel was a step in the right direction. I know there is a blogger out there who collects Dawson cards, but I can't remember who it is off the top of my head.





How about some hot corner action? Here we have a Brooks Robinson Platinum Diamond. I like Brooks, but this is definitely available if one of you O's collectors is interested.





Let's get mini with it. I pulled two of the 1975 minis. I like these better than the 1987 minis in 2012 Topps.





Oddly enough, I actually pulled the same two minis back when Lineage was new.




The Yankees showed up again, as they always do, with this Derek Jeter 3D insert. I pulled one of the low numbered parallels of Mark Teixeira last year.





The blaster promises one relic card and this capped off the Mets for the blaster. So that was it. Some people are suckers for retail, but I'm a sucker for discounted retail.

Let's go Rangers!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure why, but I can't get enough of Lineage. Not the base, but everything else. I saw this at DAs Card World and am very tempted to buy a bunch of it. 12 packs for $15?!

    http://www.dacardworld.com/sports-cards/2011-topps-lineage-baseball-retail-12-pack-box

    ReplyDelete