Friday, April 27, 2012

Prizes Beyond Oceans

It's been a month or so now, but Martyn and Tony from Cards Beyond Oceans were holding a little contest.  Little as in three prizes and the big winner got an autographed Duke Snider card.  Pretty sweet.

Well, I won third prize and it included some unopened packs and a few of my favorite Rangers.  These weren't your typical unopened packs and I can honestly say I've never seen these at my local stores.




This is your Topps Attax variety, only instead of baseball, we have soccer...I mean futbol.  I just had to open some to see if I could get a Pele card.  He was a futbol player right?  Hey, I'm only kidding.

Sort of. 




Seeing as how I have no idea who these guys are, I just picked a couple of random cards to show.  This is Theo Walcott.  I think he was the oldest son on the Cosby show. 





This is a Golden Moment Chris Sutton insert.  I wonder if these are as popular as the Topps baseball Attax cards. 

Tony and Martyn were kind enough to include some cards that fit really well into my collection. 






I'm 100% sure I didn't have this 2004 UD SPX Joe Mauer.  He looks so young in that shot.  Of course, that was 8 years ago.  Ugh, where does the time go.






How about some Allen & Ginter greatness?  This is one of the very popular mini framed relics.  Josh Hamilton is having another great year.  Who would you rather have on your team, Hamilton or Kemp?  I'm just trying to stir the pot a little.




Artificially scarce parallels are the bane of team and player collectors.  This 2009 Piece of History Josh Hamilton Timeless Moments is #30/75.  More importantly, it commemorates Hamilton's amazing showing in the 2008 Home Run Derby.

Tony and Martyn, thanks for the great contest and the prize. 

No comments:

Post a Comment