Tuesday, April 24, 2012

It's embarassing

Have you ever started to post a trade package only to get that creeping sensation that maybe, just maybe, you forgot to send your end of the deal? It happens far too often to me. I blame it on a lack of organization, and that's part of it, but I really think I'm starting to lose some of my mental capacity. I guess if you give enough people a piece of your mind, that's what happens.

I'm slowly catching up on trades from my week off and I was scanning some cards I got from Oscar over at All Trade Bait, All the Time. It dawned on me that I hadn't sent the cards I pulled for Oscar. Oops! Oscar, forgive me, I'll get your cards out during my Thursday PO run.

Oscar sent over quite a variety of goodies and I'll start off with one of the vintage cards.




I know, I know, some of you are saying 1979 isn't vintage. Well, I started collecting in 1981 so I consider anything prior to that to be a vintage card.  Sure, 1979 isn't as vintage as 1956, but let's not nitpick. 





I really like Ginter, I really like minis and I really like Hamilton.  I guess you could say I'm "in like" with this card.  Wait...don't say that, it sounds creepy.






1994 Flair is one of my favorite products.  The cards are sharp, the cardstock is heavy and the photos are great.  





This 2010 UD Michael Young Portraits cards would look great with a blue sharpie auto.  And an authorized logo.  

Oscar, thanks for the cards and I apologize for the delay in getting a return package to you!

4 comments:

  1. no need to apologize, brother. i know you're a cool blogger and trader. i'm glad you like the cards. i agree about that auto idea for the michael young. that'll look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I currently consider anything pre-1980 to be vintage so '79 just squeezes in. Technically I think one of the definitions for vintage is anything 20+ years old so lets see for a scary thought that means one could consider the 1991 Topps 40th Anniversary cards as vintage. I'll just stick with thinking anything pre '80 as vintage. I have nothing against 80s cards I like them especially the early 80s I still need to get tons of them like most other years. Back in the day I bought a lot of 91 Topps, but over the last 5 or 6 years of online trading foolishly traded some stuff away I shouldn't have(mostly about 4 years ago with team trade groups).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am of the same thought process as CaptKirk42, anything pre-1980 is vintage from where I sit. I shudder to think of the day where anything from the late 80's/early 90's is considered vintage, but who am I to define anything vintage?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder how many trade packages I've forgotten to send? That's a terrible thought. Never mind, I'm not thinking about that.

    ReplyDelete