Monday, January 24, 2011

RIP Gus

On Saturday, I was eating with my family at a restaraunt and my seat just happened to be facing a television that was on the MLB network. I was half paying attention when I noticed the scroll at the bottom said Gus Zernial had passed away on Thursday. That name may not be familiar to many of you, but I knew it because I received a card of his from not one, but two different bloggers.

Chris from The Vintage SportsCard Blog and Marck from The Collective Troll both sent me this card at almost the same time.




I would give you a write up, but I couldn't do it the same justice that TR Sullivan did. Check out his story here.

I'm glad that a great play at the plate card of Gus made it's way into my collection and I appreciate the guys who made that happen!


No comments:

Post a Comment