Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The most overdue trade post in history

At least the history of this blog.

This trade package was mailed to me on August 24th of last year by Drew of Drewscards. Since that day we have seen World Series and Super Bowl Champions crowned, I've posted 371 times to the blog and MLB is 30+ games into this season.

I started this blog on October 1, 2009 and began catching up with trade posts. I knew then that I had misplaced Drew's package and promised him that I would post it if and when I found it. Well, I found it yesterday. The cards were still tucked safely inside the package.

Here are a few of the cards Drew sent.




2009 Upper Deck Spectrum Michael Young--that's a lot of purple.


2009 Topps Attax Ian Kinsler--I've never bought any Topps Attax, but I don't mind getting the Rangers. I wonder if my son would be interested in actually playing the game. Have any of you ever tried it?


2008 Topps Milestones and Moments Alfonso Soriano #82/150. I don't know anything about this card. Nothing. I wasn't collecting in 2008 so I'm not sure about it. The design seems really busy.


This 2007 A&G Sammy Sosa mini was undoubtedly my first mini from that set. It matched up well with this mini from 2008 A&G.

Much like the Sosa from 2007, this was probably my first 2008 A&G mini. I'm not sure if Pudge was mad at something or contemplating his future.


Last, but not least, we have this 2008 Upper Deck Michael Young jersey card. Any relic of my favorite current Ranger is much appreciated.

Drew, thanks for the trade and I really am sorry it took nearly 9 months to get it posted!

3 comments:

  1. They play Topps Attax at Comerica Park on Sunday Kid's Day! I work there and was talking to the guys running it. They gave me a couple of packs and a game board, my step-son loves it. We went out and bought 3 starter packs(21 cards) so we both have our own cards. He pulled a Nolan Ryan legends and LOVES it because of his fastball rating of 100!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff! Drew is pretty awesome. He is the future of card collecting! When I saw that title I thought "no way", but my oldest overdue trade is from November, so you have me beat! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how cards from a Yankee fan are immediately posted after a Yankee rant haha, glad you liked them for this long!

    ReplyDelete