Monday, May 31, 2010

Dinner with a Hall of Famer Follow-Up

I put up a post Friday about having dinner with a Hall of Famer...sort of. It wasn't me serving dinner, which would still be cool. I really did think it was going to happen. I took the family. I had some cards ready to go. He didn't show up.

It wasn't really his fault I suppose. There was some confusion on my part on the date. That wasn't really my fault. They date I was given was wrong.

I'm not going to say yet who it was because there is a chance I might still get to meet the guy. I will say there's a chance the 20 and under crowd hasn't heard of him.

I hope you're enjoying your Memorial Day and taking a moment to reflect on the meaning of the day.

2 comments:

  1. Did you ever reveal who this guy is? (I suppose I should hunt around a little bit to see if I can find the answer).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I ever revealed it. It was supposed to be Randy White, former Cowboy great and HOF'er. He owns (or owned at least) some BBQ places down here and they one close to us had signs up about an appearance and signing he was going to make. They had the wrong date up and I couldn't go on the right day I guess.

      Delete