Thursday, January 5, 2012

A tale of two boxes

One a blaster of Americana. The other a Topps Update Value Box.

I told you I was going to give my mother in law cards for a change and that's what I did. I gave her a blaster of 2011 Americana for Christmas. She had so much fun opening the first two blasters and she enjoyed this one too, but it didn't produce much.

The blaster had exactly zero parallels, zero James Deans and one relic.




She got a Movie Poster Deborah Kerr, #433/499. From Here to Eternity is one of the classics.

The other box was a 2011 Update Value Box. My oldest son bought this with a gift card he got for Christmas. He got only one code, although he's just reached 45 and didn't need it. I had to explain to him that the only other prize required 60 rings and the odds were long that he'd get one of those Mickey Mantle rings. He didn't pull much of note from the packs, but he did get a "hit".




This Troy Tulowitzki is his second All-Star Jersey card. It's not sparkly and numbered like the Konerko, but he didn't care. He said he's trade this one if someone has a Ranger card he would like.

So who wins, Americana or Update?


By the way, I'll be closing the contest tonight and posting the winner tomorrow. Thanks for all the entries so far!

3 comments:

  1. Tulo makes it a clear win for Update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tulo seals the deal for me too. I like Americana, but I've never heard of Deborah Kerr or her movie.

    ReplyDelete