Friday, July 6, 2012

Boys will be Boys


I like to bust wax.  Even if it isn't wax anymore.  I still like it.  You do too.  Even if you don't bust too much, you still like it.  The thrill of the unknown, the thought that maybe, just maybe, this will be the pack that has THE card.

As much as I like busting wax, I think I'd be utterly sick of it if I busted 5 cases of the same stuff.  That's what Andy and Jon from Community Gum did.  The CG boys busted 5 cases of 2012 Topps Series 2. Of course they are running a business so that's a little lot different.  The plus for me is that I had the chance to make a small monetary contribution to their business in exchange for some nice Rangers cards.

First up, let's take a look at some goldish garish parallels.




Yoshinori Tateyama played a part in the 19-2 drubbing the White Sox put on the Rangers last Tuesday.  He threw 17 pitches, got one out and gave up 5 hits AND 5 earned runs.   Ouch.




David Murphy.  Underrated.




I love this moment.  I'm also a little tired of seeing it.




Nelson Cruz.  He's going to get paid someday.




Matt Harrison.  Best pitcher you haven't heard of?  Maybe.




Joe Nathan has been a great signing for the Rangers this year.




I think Yu know who this is.




Who doesn't love a plain white swatch?  It's not so bad when it's one of the players off your team.  Here we have Mitch Moreland...




...and Ian Kinsler.  This one has stitching so it's an ebay 1/1!! Yay me!!



Hey, it's that pic again!  This time it's on the black parallel version, #/61.  I'm sure I'll be seeing this again on Topps Chrome.

Jon, Andy, thanks again as always.  By the way, if you're looking for a box of Ginter for Gint-A-Cuffs, check out the Community Gum store!


3 comments:

  1. Very awesome... I know what you mean by "Its not so bad when its your own team". The cards look ten times better when its your own team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those goldies really are awful. The green turned out much better.

    ReplyDelete