Monday, July 16, 2012

What does 1/3 case of Ginter get you?

Hold on a minute.  You don't thing I bought a case of Allen & Ginter do you?





That's a good one!!

No, I'm involved in Nachos Grande's case break of Ginter.  I took the Rangers of course and I fully expect Chris to pull me a Josh Hamilton auto or something else spectacular.  Earlier today he wrapped up the first 1/3 of the case and I wanted to take a look at how I've done so far.

Box 1 was a little light on Rangers.  I got three base cards, including Yu Darvish, and 1 mini.  The mini was the Colby Lewis regular back SP so that's good.

Box 2 was better.  I picked up 5 base cards, 2 SPs (Lewis and Beltre), the Josh Hamilton What's in a Name insert and the Nolan Ryan Sketch card.  Box 2 contained zero Rangers minis.

Box 3 revealed five more base cards, including another Darvish, and two SPs (Napoli and Hamilton).  Box 3 also had zero Rangers minis.

Box 4 was really light on Rangers, but offered up a couple more minis.  I picked up one base card and regular back minis of Ian Kinsler and Josh Hamilton, which is also an SP.

So far I'm happy with the break.  I'm hoping to get some Rangers hits, but we'll just have to wait and see.  There are some pretty nice non-basebll hits so far that will be distributed to the teams without regular hits.

I appreciate Chris doing the break.  I have a hard enough time sorting my own cards, I can't imagine having to do it for everyone else!!

4 comments:

  1. Are you going to do your July contst anytime soon because I'm excited to see what you'll so?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you are happy so far - it's my belief that everyone should be happy by the end (or so I hope at least)! I will admit that sorting the cards has turned into more of a nightmare than I thought possible. I'm trying hard to avoid duplication (when distributing the duplicates to teams who wanted them) and that's been much more difficult than I thought given that many people claimed multiple teams!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine sorting my own case, much less one for other people!

      Delete