Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Mixing things up


I'm hoping the A/C issue I mentioned earlier today is taken care of by the time you're reading this because if it's not, I'll be a melted mess.  I'm also hoping it doesn't cost me a small fortune because, one, I don't have a small fortune, and two, that'll mean no more box breaks for me for a while.

I recently received my haul from box breaks held by Colbey at Cardboard Collections and Kyle over at Just a Bit Outside.  Colbey busted boxes of 1998 Upper Deck Retro and 2001 Fleer Futures.  Kyle had 2003 Upper Deck Prospects Premiere, 2006 UD Artifacts, 2009 Topps Unique and 2012 Opening Day.




First up is the break from Colbey.  How about Nolan Ryan throwing a little "Retro" at you?




I wonder if the kid in this picture ever saw this card.




Pudge showing off the gun.




My random team in Colbey's break was the Astros.  Look how young Craig Biggio looks back in 1998.  Is he a first ballot Hall of Famer?

Now let's move on to Kyle's break.  




The Cubbies were my random team in this break.  Remember when the hype machine was all about Mark Prior?  I do and I hope the same fate doesn't await young Strasburg or Harper.




I did pretty good in the Unique portion of the break.




I got two red parallels numbered to 1199.




Yea, this is the other one.




I also scored a nice gold Michael Young #24/99.  Not a great photo, but that's Topps for you.  It looks like these guys are all stepping through a door from another dimension.




Kyle included a couple of nice extras.  Eric Hurley pitched in 5 game for the Rangers in 2008.




Derek Holland, Gold Rush style.  I thought Derek would be back to form after having a month off, but he's looked pretty rusty so far.

I love joining box breaks and look forward to more of them in future guys.  Thanks for some nice Rangers.


2 comments:

  1. whats your a/c doing? I could most likely walk you thru it and fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eric Hurley spelled his first name with a "Z". I will never figure out the way some people under the age of 30 sign their name.

    ReplyDelete