Sunday, July 1, 2012

Embarrassed? Sure...

I embarrass myself frequently. Just ask my wife, she'll confirm it.


This incident wasn't really my fault, but I was embarrassed anyway. At one point back in 1994-95, I was contemplating a future "mancave" and wanted a complete game used Texas Rangers uniform. It just so happened that I found a pair of Rusty Greer's game used cleats for a good price so I decided to pursue the rest of the necessary pieces to have a Rusty Greer complete set. I was bidding on, and won, a pair of game used Greer pants when it happened.

The guy running the auction asked me a few questions and when he found out what I was doing, he said he thought he could get a game used jersey and a game used jock strap, without the cup. Well, how could it be complete without the cup!?

I bought the pants from him, didn't buy the rest and ended up selling the shoes and pants later. I never completed the set and was always a little creeped out by the whole experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment