Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I wrote this post already

I was all set to write a post about how much I liked Rusty Greer as a Ranger.  As I sat looking at his stats, it dawned on me that I'd already written this post.  I started searching the archives and sure enough, I wrote this post on March 10, 2010.




That post was all about guys that play hard and mean a lot to a team, but may not get enough attention for everyone to know about them.  I asked you, the dear readers, to name some of those guys for your teams and it got a good response.




I was thinking about Rusty today because of Fuji's latest contest question about our favorite player who has never made the All-Star Team.  He didn't say we had to write a post about that player, but I always thought Rusty deserved to get more recognition than he did.  Even though he never made the All-Star Team, he had some great seasons.  He even got enough MVP votes in 1997 to end up 22nd on the list.  I know, it's only 22nd, but it's a lot higher than many players get.   Rusty played hard all the time and was the ultimate team player.

Rusty was always an all-star in my book.

I just realized, this is my 1500th post.  Normally I'd do some sort of contest around a milestone like this one, but I've got the August contest coming up in about a week.  I'll give you a bonus entry for August if you comment here.  Shhh...don't tell anyone, most people probably won't read this far down.

Thanks for hanging around for the last 1500 posts, whether you've been here since #1 or you joined along the way.  
 


16 comments:

  1. Congrats on 1500! That's insane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! congrats on the 1500! i hope it feels as good as i think it might!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on 1500, a great achievement!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on 1500..Keep up the great blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I haven't been around since #1, but I've certainly enjoyed the ones I've seen. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didn't realize you were closing in on a milestone. May have to ship off a couple cards for you to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will always remember Rusty for his catch to save Kenny Roger's perfect game.

    ReplyDelete
  8. After 1500 posts, one can hardly blame you for doing a "double!"

    Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys all got an extra entry...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy very belated 1500 and I get an extra entry, too ... even though I'm late for this contest! Pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete