Thursday, November 26, 2009

I am thankful for...

There are so many things to be thankful for, but since the subject matter of our little community is the card collecting hobby, I'll stick to the subject.

I'm thankful my addiction to cards in the late 90's/early 00's didn't lead to me being single again.

I'm thankful I didn't get rid of ALL my cards at that yard sale a couple of years ago.

I'm thankful I was bored silly at work one night and for some odd reason did a search on "baseball cards + blog" and discovered this community.

I'm thankful for all the trades completed with other bloggers. The generosity around here is truly astounding.

I'm thankful for the encouragement I received from some of you to start blogging.

I'm thankful none of you has begged me to stop blogging (at least not out loud). YET.

I'm thankful for all 31 followers and every single comment ever made on one of my posts.

Most of all I'm just thankful to have a hobby that I enjoy and other people to share the experience with.

Oh yea, I'm thankful for all the regular stuff too--God, family, job, folks in the military, etc.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE! Have a blessed day. And Go Cowboys!

4 comments:

  1. I am thankful to have "met" you, to have shared messages, stories and cards with you... I am thankful that you took everyones advice and started blogging and I am thankful that you hold nothing back when sharing your stories which touch us all... I am also thankful that CC, Bartlett, Pena, Zobrist and Shields are all still Rays!!! Happy Thanksgiving to the Play at the Plate family! Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful every day for each and every new person I've met out here on the WWW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thankful that you're still blogging and a bunch of other people are still blogging. Blogging ain't dead hipsters!

    ReplyDelete