Monday, November 23, 2009

Love/hate relationship and contest reminder

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times. Man, I should write a book using that as my opening line.

I love and hate the weekends.

I work nights so the weekends are nice because I get to spend some quality time with my family. However, I don't get on the computer AT ALL! I use the old Iphone to check the blogroll and keep up with posts. But, I don't make any posts on the weekend unless they were written during the week and scheduled for the weekend. I rarely comment on any post I read over the weekend, because it's a pain doing it using the phone. I try to go back and re-read the stuff from the weekend when I get to work. Sometimes I miss a post so if you see a comment on me from a days old post that is why.

I have more time at home on the weekends, which is nice, but it tends to end up with me working on the "honey-do" list. Like painting the kitchen. As in that's what I worked on this weekend. I. HATE. painting. Period. It takes away from so many other things I'd rather do. Like posting on the blog. Sorting my cards. Playing with my kids. Trimming my entire acre of grass with nose hair clippers.

Oh well, here it is Monday and I need to wrap up this contest. If you haven't entered, I'll leave it open until midnight tonight. The winner will be announced Tuesday morning. Thanks to everyone who entered and good luck.

For all of you who do make posts on the weekend, thanks for giving me something to look at on my phone when I'm supposed to be painting. Or cleaning the garage. Or the attic. Or...well you get the point. Just thanks!

3 comments:

  1. I need to stop answering so quick on those contests hahaha. I answered 5,400 and madding said 5,406...early bird guesses a bad guess hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man wasn't meant to paint, I completely emphathize with you on that.

    I have sort of the same issue on weekends . . . lots of free time, and none spent on cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my wife is the painter in this household!!

    ReplyDelete