Monday, December 7, 2009

Cards from Offy

A couple of months ago, Mike over at Offy's Sports Site was having a moving sale...or trade bait post. He had a few Rangers hits on the list so I jumped and this is what he sent.


1994 Pinnacle The Naturals Dean Palmer. I don't know if this card would scan any better, but is super shiny and reflective and all that.




These are 1993 Colla Collection Bookmarkers. I have a vague recollection of these, but I didn't have any in my collection. I'm especially fond of the Pudge bookmarker, but I won't be using it in any books.




2007 Bowman Kasey Kiker auto. First, Kasey has a terrible signature. Second, it's on card so I don't care. Kasey spent 2009 at the Texas Double-A affiliate, the Frisco (Tx) Roughriders. He went 7-7 in 25 games (23 starts) with a 3.86 ERA.


2007 SP Rookie Edition Joaquin Arias auto. First, his signature may be worse than Kasey's. Second, it's on a sticker, so maybe he thought he should write really, really small. Joaquin has appeared in 41 games for the Rangers over the 06, 08 and 09 seasons. His average over that time is .295, but he went 0/8 for 2009.



This 2007 A&G Hank Blalock jersey makes me want to go back to Hawaii. It may be a plain grey swatch, but it's got a tropical feel to it.



This 2006 UD Future Stars Josh Rupe card is my favorite of the bunch. It really is a clear acetate card, the white in Josh's "picture" is from the paper I put the card on for the photo. It's another sticker auto, but I really like it. Rupe has pitched in 70 games for the big league club from 2005-2009. He has a 4-2 record, with 4.95 ERA in 132.2 IP.
Mike, thanks for the trade. Maybe you should move more often!

3 comments:

  1. Thankfully, I won't be moving again any time soon. Now I've just got the mammoth task of getting my "man cave" set up and together. I definitely want to get more trades going and have had that in mind as I pull my cards out of storage and sort through them. I don't have a large pile of hits any longer though. There's a post coming up on my blog explaining that and what took the place of those cards in my collection.

    Glad you enjoyed the cards. I love oddball stuff and if I track down any more Rangers stuff, I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know which one I like more, the Joaquin or the Rupe??

    ReplyDelete