Saturday, December 12, 2009

Trading with a Rookie (Card) Collector

Back in October....hey I know I say that a lot, but I'm almost caught up to the November trades...so, back in October I pulled off a little trade with Sarah from A Rookie (Card) Collector. I sent her a stack o' Braves and a Brave flavored relic for some Rangers and a short stack of 2009 A&G Minis. I know what you're thinking.

Doesn't he have all of those yet?

And.

Please don't post any more pics of A&G minis. We've seen them all. A lot.

I hear you friends and I'll try to accomodate you. Let's take a walk down Ranger Boulevard and see what Sarah sent.




We'll start at the bottom and work our way up. Oh, who am I kidding, this is the bottom and the rest are all great. This 2008 UD First Edition Update Milton Bradley is only shown because of the place they took the shot. I suppose that could be photoshopped, but it looks like they had Milton stand in one of the sections behind the plate. Milton had a decent year here in 2008. He was paid $5.25 million and for that money posted 22 homers, 77 rbis and a .321 average in 126 games. He didn't fair as well in 2009 for the Cubs. For them, he put up 12 homers, 40 rbis and a .257 average for $7 million. I think the Rangers did good with him, but did better not resigning him after 2008.

I like this Michael Young from the same set as the Milton above. It looks like Michael may have had a busy day as he is pretty dirty. I'm guessing this was taken from the photographers camera well next to the first base dugout. It appears that is the pitchers mound Michael is being sucked down into.



This card is from yet another product I never personally opened, 2005 UD Pro Sigs. I do like the Hank Blalock facsimile auto, but it looks like he popped out to right.



This is super reflective Topps Own the Game Michael Young. The back has the 2004 Hits Season Leaders. Michael was third with 216, right behind Juan Pierre who finished second with 221. Oh, and some guy named Ichiro had 262!


You thought I wasn't going to show the minis didn't you? You were wrong. Don't be mad, I just love some minis and I want to show them off. Look closely, one of these minis is not like the others. And it's not that goofy Idaho mini.


That Dioner Navarro is a NNO SP, hand-numbered 49/50. Thanks SARAH!! This is what trading is all about. I hope we can work out another trade down the road.

3 comments:

  1. Dude, that Navi card is AWESOME! Nice take my friend... How close are you gettin to finishing up the minis set?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Troll, as soon as I'm caught up on my trade packages I'll know!

    ReplyDelete