Friday, December 4, 2009

Nachos Grande--Biggie Size Trade

I don't know exactly when this trade came in because in my excitement to open it, I cut off the postmark. Chris over at Nachos Grade sent some awesome cards so let's not delay with the posting.

A little blast from my past, 1981 Topps Billy Sample. 1981 was my rookie season collecting cards. Billy looks annoyed.

1983 Topps Charlie Hough. This card was issued after Charlie's 14th season. He had just posted career highs in IP (228.0), Wins (16), Losses (13) and Ks (128).

This 1993 Upper Deck card shows Will Clark rounding third during one the 16 homers he hit in 1992. Only 16 that year. He also had 12 steals which is surprising.

I love this 2001 Stadium Club Pudge Rodriguez card. Pudge was/is a classic bad ball hitter. He didn't walk too often and swung at nearly everything. But he was good at it. He apparently swung at an inside pitch which sawed off his bat. I like that you can still see the bat in the picture.

2008 Topps Heritage Clubhouse Collection Hank Blalock jersey card. This would probably be a "meh" pull for many of you, but I like it.

This is a nice 2008 Stadium Club Beam Team C.J. Wilson auto. This is my second Beam Team auto since I pulled a Lackey out of a discounted blaster.

Bringing up the rear we have a 2008 UD Timeline Brandon Boggs auto. It's a sticker auto, like the Beam Teamer above, but I'm glad Chris sent it! Chris included over 30 other Rangers cards so a big thank you goes out to him. I've still got a stack o' reds waiting on another deal.

2 comments:

  1. Those Beam Team autos are sweet, as are Wilson's sideburns. Looks like I might have to ship some Reds out East.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those Beam Team cards do look sweet!

    ReplyDelete