Saturday, December 26, 2009

Ryan's Memorabilia Strikes Again

Ryan's Memorabilia continues his quest to corral every Cal Ripken Jr. card ever made and when you send him a few he doesn't have, he rewards you handsomely. I'm going to show you only a handful of the cards he sent me...there were nearly two team set bags stuffed full of Rangers and catchers that I didn't take the time to take pictures of. On a side note, I doubt it's easier to use a scanner than a camera, but I sure hope it is.

Here are just some of the cards Mike sent over.




This is a nice, shiny 1997 Topps Finest Ivan Rodrigues Warriors card. Very nice and it mentions his bullet arm, feline quickness and soft hands on the back. Sounds weird if you take it out of context. I've never, ever peeled the protective coating off of one of these...have you? I know I saw a post about that somewhere.


Here we have a trio of Rangers and one of my non-Ranger faves from 2009 Sweet Spot. I can't bring myself to buy a "tin" of these. As much as I love discounted blasters, I can't bring myself to spend the money. I do like the base cards and now I have some of my favorites without spending a dime. I must say that is one DORKY hat Josh is wearing.


Here is one of the guys on my favorites list. This 1983 Fleer Johnny Bench isn't one from my favorite sets, but it is a great addition to my player collection. I didn't post the back, but I like a guy who has so many years in the Bigs, they only have room for stats. This one goes from 1965 to 1982.



It's amazing how often I get something in the mail I've never seen before. I wasn't collecting in 1977, but these 1977 Topps Stickers are really cool. Never mind that they feel like cloth. This is Mike Hargrove and the great Bert Blyleven. I need to get the regular '77 Topps versions of these. But you know what amazes me about these...

...NOBODY ever stuck them on anything!! Thank goodness whoever had these didn't follow directions well.

Mike thanks for these! You should have already received another small pack of Rips from me.

2 comments:

  1. Believe it or not 1983 Fleer is one of my favorite sets of all time. The combo player cards are awesome, plus all the rookies... I had never seen the '77 stickers before either. Those are nice! Super haul!

    ReplyDelete