Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The rest of the cards from Omegawax

I showed one of the cards Omegawax sent me in the last post. I'll post the rest of them now. Austin contacted me saying he had an autographed Play at the Plate card. "Would I like to trade for it?" Yes. Yes, very much so.

He didn't just send the auto either. There were Clarks and Mauers and Blalocks oh my.

That sounded better in my head so let's move right along.

What is better than a 2006 Fleer Ultra Joe Mauer? How about a 2006 Fleer Ultra Joe Mauer with a gold background. The Mauer collection is coming along nicely thanks to the efforts of my fellow bloggers.

This 2007 Fleer Ultra Michael Young is one of my favorite Young cards. I'm not a big fan of cards featuring the backs of players, but this one works for me. The ball flying off the bat is sick. Or is it sweet? Or...oh forget it. I just like it.




Austin didn't tell me if this 2009 UD Series 1 Hank Blalock was a TTM or in person auto, but all that really matters is that it's mine now. Very nice Austin! Now, I like Blalock. But there is something better than an on card auto of Hank.


An on card auto of Ian Kinsler!! This 2006 Fleer Tradition Ian was as much a surprise as the Blalock and is my first Kinsler auto. Austin you really went above and beyond.

Here is the starting point of the trade. A very nice 2008 Stadium Club Elliot Johnson on card auto. This is going to be featured on my blog header if, no when, I get that scanner.



I think there were more autos in this package than I've ever gotten at one time before. Thanks Austin and please check out his blog if you haven't already!

5 comments:

  1. Dude--I had NO idea that Eliot Johnson existed. I wonder if that's the play where he broke the Yanki minor-league catcher's arm, setting of a series of brawls between the teams? At any rate, next stop: ebay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure that's Cervelli getting run over

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are both TTm autos, and I'm glad they found a good home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta love a Jersey with the #7 prominently displayed on it!!

    ReplyDelete