Sunday, December 20, 2009

Phungo Phabulosity

Saints of the Cheap Seats held a break of 2007 Ultimate and I received some fabulous cards. One of the cards I didn't get in the break went to Phungo. He and I made a trade so I could add that card to my collection as well. Paul threw in a big stack of Rangers as well as a bonus.




One of my favorite All-Time Rangers is Rusty Greer. This 1995 Fleer Ultra card is odd. The four corner background photos are just parts of the main photo. This card is way too busy for the eye, but I didn't have it and now I do. That makes the completist in me happy.




I was completely out of the hobby in 2006 when this Topps Updates and Highlights card of Michael Young was issued. The card recognizes Michael earning All-Star MVP honors for his 2-run triple off Trevor Hoffman in the 9th inning.




I always wanted Ripken to be a Ranger....Cal Ripken Jr. The back of this 1995 Score card mentions Bill Ripken hit over .300 in 1994 for the first time since his rookie season in 1987. Sounds nice, but a closer look reveals he only played in 32 games and had 25 hits.



This 2007 Fleer Ultra Ivan Rodriguez is a really nice shot. If you can't get a good shot of Pudge in his catcher's gear, this is the next best thing.
Don't recognize this Nolan Ryan card? It's directly from a 1989 Baseball Cards magazine. Envious aren't you? This will go nicely with the oddball collection.





This might be my favorite part of the deal. A slightly re-sealed pack of Phungo cards. Original Phungo cards!!!





We have Brian Roberts, Ryan Howard, Anibel Sanchez, Rollie Fingers, Jamie Moyer and Thomas Jefferson. Paul, thanks for the original creations. I think these may have been included as a prize for guessing closest to the total number of homeruns in the 2009 World Series.



Ignore the scratches...they are on the toploader. This is my first and only 2007 Topps Turkey Red Chrome card of any kind. There are "only" 1999 of these. I'm glad I have one of them.




This 2007 Ultimate Carl Yazstremski is the card that I really wanted. It's not a great shot of Carl. It's a plain grey swatch. And it's all mine!

Paul, thanks for a great trade and especially for including the Phungo Originals. I'll keep my eyes open for any Phillies for you.

4 comments:

  1. Guess what? You've been nominated for the 2009 Card Awards! Check it out!

    http://drewsbbcards.blogspot.com/2009/12/2009-card-awards-nominees.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the reactions to those 95 Fleer Cards - they are absolutely insane in visual overload.

    but it was the right player and thats all that counts.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Custom cards are cool, I just don't have that kind of time. +10 points for having Moyer in a post!!

    ReplyDelete