Friday, December 25, 2009

Secret Santa Package is OPEN!

I received my Secret Santa package from the Secret Santa idea Sarah of A Rookie (Card) Collector put out to the blogosphere back on October 1st. The plan called for spending $20 or less. I'm not sure how many people participated. Sarah actually drew my name and mailed out the package on November 19th. It was hard leaving the package unopened so I took it to work and put it in my locker, which I almost never use. That made it a little easier. This post is being scheduled, so I actually just opened it and it's the wee hours of the 24th. Here's a peek at the goodies Sarah sent over...



1995 Starting Lineup Will Clark. I have a couple of these from Will's days with the Giants, but this is my first Rangers Starting Lineup. If I ever get a room to display all my stuff this will go good with the others. I may have to start looking for the ones I don't have if I get to that point. As for this one, I'll put it up on the bookshelf with the others!
There was also an unopened pack of 2009 A&G in the package. I only need a few base cards so I didn't get any of those, but I did get a mini I needed.



Sarah also threw in a few O-Pee-Cee Rangers as well as one UD David Murphy and another A&G mini I needed.
This next card was the real surprise...

A 2005 UD Sweet Spot Classic Will Clark jersey. Sweet! I know some people would be disappointed opening a pack of Sweet Spot and pulling Will, but not me!

Sarah, thanks for the Secret Santa idea and running the show. Big thanks for the package you sent. I hope the person I sent my package to enjoys his as much as I did.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! Looks like you did alright with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking stuff! I can't wait for my recipient to open what I sent! Still hoping to get something myself. I thought it was a great idea and look forward to doing it again next year... It doesn't seem so secret since you knew it came from though... Nice touch having her blog in the background for the pic though. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got your package on the 24th. The cards were great I wrote a little something about the cards on my blog. Hope you had a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just can't get into those SLU figures. Fuji loves them, I just don't know. I got plenty of McFarlains, but no SLUs.

    ReplyDelete