Sunday, May 20, 2012

An old "friend"


I ran into an old "friend" at Target the other day when I was looking for Topps' Olympic blasters.





I apologize for the poor quality of the photo, but I didn't want him to see me taking a pic.  Last time he got irate when I tried it.  Anyway, when I walked behind him, I said, "Up to your old tricks again, huh?"  He looked at me and said, "Not you again."

I laughed and started looking for the Olympic cards.  I spotted the only three blasters and picked them up.  As I inspected the blasters, I asked if he'd damaged these like the Bowman loose packs he had been running his fingernail down when I walked up.  The rest of the conversation went something like this:

Him:  "I don't damage the cards."

Me:  "Sure, that's what you said last time."

Him:  "Can you stop hasslin' me?"

Me:  "I'm not hasslin' you.  I'm shopping.  Sounds like someone's got a guilty conscience."

Him:  Dead silence.

I walked away with the blasters I'd picked up and when I looked back, he was opening little boxes of Avengers figures.

What a douche.

7 comments:

  1. Nope, that would be a Double-douche-Bag!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of one in the Sandusky,Ohio area but I've never seen him.

    Your description pretty much sizes him up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Target probably doesn't have this problem as the cards are along the Express checkout lane. I can't imagine anyone standing there pack searching 2 feet from someone buying a gallon of milk and a jumbo pack of Huggies.

    My upset with guys doing this is tempered by the realization that their life must be pretty dang pathetic if part of their retirement plan is to try and search out 3 dollar relic cards at the local big box store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn... I truly dislike pack searchers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bum should just get a job and buy what he wants like everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA!! I can't believe you ran into him again. Keep fighting the good fight for the rest of us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have seen a guy doing this once. He was looking through football cards, so I didn't bug him.

    It's bad enough that Topps retail packs are already lamer than hobby packs to begin with, but you get this guy picking through what little good comes to those of us who don't have card shops near us.

    It's creepy how all Targets look alike... down to the Chase ATM right in front of the cart "garage" and the card aisle in my local Target too. Your picture looks like it could be at the target next to me!

    ReplyDelete